Bump release [Was: apt-rpm 0.5.15lorg3.2 released!]

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jun 22 03:31:13 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 11:32 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 10:03:45AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > > branch vs trunk in cvs doesn't bother me,
> > Yes, svn doesn't even support this notion.
>
> That's not true. svn just has a different (better!) implementation IMO.
I beg to differ, different yes, better no.

> > Once you are used to them, you miss them in svn and consider svn as a
> > regression.
> >
> > >  it's the individual
> > > "changesets". cvsps helps with that of course but ...
> > >
> > > BTW this is getting wildly off-topic :)
> > Yes, ... but this doesn't change my opinion on svn.
> >
> > svn supports a couple of features cvs doesn't but I can't find much
> > things convincing about it.
>
> If you try once to rename files and directories with CVS you learn to
> hate it :)
Yes, renaming is a problem with CVS. You have to resort to "rm & add" or
server-side tricks.

But this is a rare operation - Cutting diffs, however is a frequent
operation, exactly the point where svn has problems.

> Check out
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/apa.html
I know, I know ...

> for a quick svn guide for former CVS users.
Former? Current!

SVN to me is so unattractive, I am avoiding it whenever I can.

Ralf