[Apt-Rpm] multiple good providers, how does apt pick the right one?

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Sat Mar 1 09:08:58 PST 2008

* [2008-02-24 15:56:43 +0200] Panu Matilainen wrote:

>> Whether it's reasonably possible to have Lua-hook in the lowlevel depsolve
>> logic remains to be seen, but a C++-level callback shouldn't have such
>> problems. It'd be sad if Lua can't be used but (optional) app-specific
>> callback would still enable what you want, so not all hope is lost anyway
>> :)
>
> ...and here's the first rough-cut of the C++ callback approach this time
> batter^H^H^H^H^H^H patch included.
>
> There are all sorts of nitty details to sort out, such as dealing with -y
> and it's variants in semi-intelligent manner and probably some more
> fundamental issues too but at least you'll get to play around with it a
> bit.
>
> Haven't done any extensive testing, just some basic "seems to do what
> intended" runs so watch out for any falling pieces :)

Rocking.  I've had a busy week so haven't been able to play with this
yet, but if I get a chance this weekend I will do so and let you know
how it works out.  I'm still using 0.5.15lorg3.2, so I'm hoping this
patch will work with it?

I would have hit the devel version, but without knowing roughly when it
might be stabilized, I decided it against it in case I had to drop down
to the stable version once we pushed our latest release.

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/