[Apt-Rpm] What is the best choice for RPM Update Tool

Quan phongvan phongvan84 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:22:07 PST 2008

Dear Axel,
Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it. While using simultaneously three
update tools: apt-rpm, yum,  smart, I tried to do non-update install
packages and then do full update for CentOS 4.5 system also. Every results
show that apt-rpm and smart can beat yum almost easily both of time and
system resources consuming. But for long-term business POV, yum still the
biggest candidate for update tool.
In addition, how about LUA, how does it get involve in apt-rpm to provide
more powerful advance tools that maybe you can't do with pure apt-* command
line.
Thank you very much,
Nguyen Anh Quan

--