[Apt-Rpm] 0.5.15lorg3.93 Solaris build issue

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Fri Sep 28 03:19:16 PDT 2007

Panu Matilainen wrote:

> I'm not applying the rpm5.org hacks at the moment, not because of
> "political" issues but simply because they're nasty hacks to expose
> internals that have been purposefully hidden from the API. Some proper
> way
> to deal with them is needed, the rpm support code is going to require
> large reorgs anyway in not-so-far-future.

My patch was conditionalized to *only* apply to RPM >= 4.4.9
(and probably should have added an additional && RPM < 4.5.0)
but fixing the issue for future releases is more interesting
than hacking in support for interim releases like 4.4.9...

It seems to mostly be about "RPMSENSE_ANY" not being public ?

So if that was added, it should compile OK with rpm-4_5 HEAD.
(i.e. if "RPMSENSE_ANY" was made non-internal in the RPM API)

--anders