[Apt-Rpm] 0.5.15lorg3.93 Solaris build issue

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Thu Oct 4 02:04:20 PDT 2007

Panu Matilainen wrote:

>> Sure. And the value of RPMSENSE_ANY is now public again, in RPM 4.5:
>> http://rpm5.org/cvs/chngview?cn=8420
>
> See my comments above, it's not so much RPMSENSE_ANY itself being
> public
> or not, it's the related changes that lead to it getting removed that
> worry me.

It's not really gone, it's just now internal/private rather than
external/public. I think you can still set a define, to access it ?

#define _RPMEVR_INTERNAL 1

>> Not far enough with the MacPorts packaging efforts to do any major
>> efforts either, but initial testing doesn't show any major problems...
>
> I suppose it might work just fine as long as you stick to "traditional"
> dependencies in your packages and avoid any new syntaxes - I'm not
> telling
> you not to test it, just saying "beware and expect the unexpected" :)

The MacPorts packages are a little "different", in that they are being
built by Portfile rather than Specfile, but they will have dependencies.

File deps too, eventually.

--anders