Strange things happen with the git repository

João Abecasis jpra at caixamagica.pt
Tue Jul 10 09:04:24 PDT 2007

Hello again...

João Abecasis wrote:
> I've been seeing some weird things while accessing the new git
> repository and I'm reporting it here to check if anyone else is seeing
> the same. My feeling is that there is something wrong with the
> repository, but I'm probably missing something...

It seems that I sent my report just a little too soon... After I sent
it I finally got to this post:

   http://blino.org/blog/mandriva/git-curl-7.16.0.html

The problem was a bug in libcurl that has been fixed upstream. Older
versions of git probably didn't use curl the same way and weren't
hit by this bug. It was fixed in version 7.16.2 of libcurl.

For the record, this is what the crash looked like, most of the time
(in case someone googles for it again...):

   *** glibc detected *** git-http-fetch: corrupted double-linked list:

Anyway, sorry for the noise.

Best regards,

João