Debian guy trying to figure out apt-rpm

Derek Reid apt-rpm at l0ca1h0st.com
Sun Apr 8 22:44:49 PDT 2007

I've used Debian and Debian based systems for years but I now have to
administer Red Hat systems and I'd like to continue to use apt.  I've
got apt-rpm installed but each time I do an 'apt-get update', I get the
following:

---
# apt-get update
E: no data in /etc/apt/rpmpriorities
W: Release files for some repositories could not be retrieved or
authenticated. Such repositories are being ignored.
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
E: Tried to dequeue a fetching object
---

/etc/apt/rpmpriorities is indeed empty because before it just complained
about it not existing so I touched it.  I can't find anything about that
file in the documentation, and no hits were returned in the archives so
I was hoping someone on the list might be able to point me in the right
direction.

And what is the "Tried to dequeue a fetching object" error and how to I
fix it?  This was built using apt-0.5.15lorg3.2 .

BTW, what's a good "default" sources.list for FC6?  I've got the
following but figured it'd be good to ask:

---
Fedora Core
rpm http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/fedora fedora/6/i386 os updates
rpm-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/fedora fedora/6/i386 os updates

# Fedora Extras (formerly "Fedora Linux")
rpm http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/fedora fedora/6/i386 stable
unstable testing
rpm-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/fedora fedora/6/i386 stable
unstable testing