Debian guy trying to figure out apt-rpm

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Apr 9 05:18:32 PDT 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007 07:44, Derek Reid wrote:
> I've used Debian and Debian based systems for years but I now have to
> administer Red Hat systems and I'd like to continue to use apt.  I've
> got apt-rpm installed but each time I do an 'apt-get update', I get the
> following:
<snip>
Where did you get the rpm from Derek? It is available from Fedora extras for
FC5, and FC6. I've been using apt both on Debian systems, and on Fedora since
FC1. With yesterdays fresh install of FC6, I simply did a,
yum install apt
It does pull in one extra package, which is obviously needed, and is,
fedora-package-config-apt-6-5

The apt version is, apt-0.5.15lorg3.2-9.fc6

I also use synaptic, and that too is available from extras.

Apts /etc/apt/sources.list.d comes set up with the 3 main repos (core, extras,
and core updates) uncommented, and ready to go.
> I was hoping someone on the list might be able to point me in the right
> direction.
>
> And what is the "Tried to dequeue a fetching object" error and how to I
> fix it?  This was built using apt-0.5.15lorg3.2 .
>
> BTW, what's a good "default" sources.list for FC6?  I've got the
> following but figured it'd be good to ask:

Apt, accessing the fedora repo's is using repometadata now, so one of the
lines in my sources.list looks like this.

repomd http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/
fedora/linux/core/$(VERSION)/$(ARCH)/os/

That's one of the default lines, and is accessing the main server, but as I'm
on dialup I've left it as is, but I suppose it would be good to use a mirror
closer to you if you're on broadband.

> ---
> Fedora Core
> rpm http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/fedora fedora/6/i386 os updates
> rpm-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/fedora fedora/6/i386 os updates
>
> # Fedora Extras (formerly "Fedora Linux")
> rpm http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/fedora fedora/6/i386 stable
> unstable testing
> rpm-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/fedora fedora/6/i386 stable
> unstable testing