[OT] who maintains aptitude for rpm? (fwd)

Wilfried Weissmann Wilfried.Weissmann at gmx.at
Fri Oct 13 11:10:34 PDT 2006

Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Ok, I'd guess the actual crash is simply Something Else then. I've only
> briefly tried aptitude in recent times, the version I used was this:
> http://www.haxxed.com/rpms/aptitude-0.3.3-1.src.rpm

Finally I managed to get a more recent version of aptitude from the
Daniel Burrows's darcs repository. The changelog indicades that the new
version needs apt 0.6, so I checked out the latest 0.3 version
(0.3.5.1). It was a nasty job to get the apt-rpm patches to apply
against the new source tree. Packages with %postun can now be removed. I
will play around with it next week to see if there are any issues. My
patch also needs some review.

> I didn't see any crashes with that when removing a couple of packages
> but then it just might be luck or whatever - can you check if there are
> any patches not present in your package and whether they make any
> difference?

I had a quick look. Everything seems to be the same.

Greetings,
Wilfried