Bug blocking CentOS to provide apt

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Nov 22 11:43:07 PST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apparently there is still an outstanding bug for CentOS blocking
> consideration to provide apt as an alternative to yum.
>
> Can someone validate that this indeed is a problem with apt ? At least Yum
> doesn't care about it (which is in itself not a guarantee that this is not
> a packaging bug instead of an apt bug).
>
> Here is the info:
>
> 	http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1502

It's a known bug (at least to me :) in all apt-rpm versions prior to
0.5.15lorg3. IIRC CentOS is still providing some ages old version of apt
in their extras, and this only confirms that.

Fixing is easy enough, either upgrade or apply the relevant patch to that
ancient package (it should apply cleanly):

  svn diff -r31:32 http://svn.laiskiainen.org/apt-rpm/trunk/