Bug blocking CentOS to provide apt

Wed Nov 22 14:12:07 PST 2006

<snip>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apparently there is still an outstanding bug for CentOS blocking
>> consideration to provide apt as an alternative to yum.
>>
>> Can someone validate that this indeed is a problem with apt ? At least Yum
>> doesn't care about it (which is in itself not a guarantee that this is not
>> a packaging bug instead of an apt bug).
>>
>> Here is the info:
>>
>> 	http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1502

> It's a known bug (at least to me :) in all apt-rpm versions prior to
> 0.5.15lorg3. IIRC CentOS is still providing some ages old version of apt
> in their extras, and this only confirms that.

> Fixing is easy enough, either upgrade or apply the relevant patch to that
> ancient package (it should apply cleanly):

Hi guys,

I did build version 0.5.15lorg3.2 and I have out that into the CentOS-
Testing repo.

That does resolve apr-devel just fine.

I'll send out an e-mail to the CentOS-Devel list to have it tested and
move it into the CentOS-Extras repo soon.

Panu, thanks for all the great updates to apt :)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes
CentOS Developer