[patch] External intl/gettext-0.14.5

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu May 4 12:28:58 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 15:02 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> as mentioned before, here comes a patch
> * to convert apt-rpm to using gettext-0.14.5
> * to using an external "intl"
>
> *BEWARE*
>
> This patch requires all of my patches from earlier today to be applied
> before.
>
> This patch removes and adds a lot of files, in particular, it removes
> "intl/" entirely, adds many files to m4/ and adds some files to po/.

I'd rather hold this until the next "new feature" release rather than
apply right now [1]. Another thing is that people are still rather
slowly finding their way on to this new list so it might be not such a
bad idea to give people more time to comment in case some of those folks
using apt-rpm on HP-UX etc (gasp :) would protest.

[1] I've been thinking about revising the apt-rpm development model,
until now it's been totally random "bump up the number after cnc/lorg"
with no stable vs development branches at all, making large code changes
nasty to do etc. One possibility could be branching for a stable release
right now or after lorg4 and maintain the support for old rpm versions
etc there and then seriously rip loose on svn trunk. Thoughts?