[patch] Bump release [Was: apt-rpm 0.5.15lorg3.2 released!]

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jun 22 03:29:41 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 11:13 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 10:56 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> "svn diff <uri-to-trunk> <uri-to-brach>" Yes it's longer to type...
Try this with a couple of 1000 files, several 100 uris, and several
types of accesses.

E.g. check out an anonymous copy of the GCC source tree, then apply a
couple of local patches, regenerate the auto*tool generated files and
commit them to all active branches of GCC.

> > svn supports a couple of features cvs doesn't but I can't find much
> > things convincing about it.
>
> I do use cvs daily at work ... and well, I do prefer svn because of a few
> things but it's not like it's heavensent by any means, just a slight
> improvement for some things. People have different tastes, shrug.
Well, to me, cvs suffers from aging, but svn is a temporary overrated
hype. It won't die out soon, because svn is aggressively promoted by its
proponents.

Ralf