[patch] Bump release [Was: apt-rpm 0.5.15lorg3.2 released!]

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jun 22 00:25:39 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 10:01 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> >> Yes, 3.2 is a highly conservative bugfix-only release from a separate
> >> branch. I thought that would've been obvious from the changelog.
> > Nope. Where in SVN is it? 8¹]
>
> Branches live in http://svn.laiskiainen.org/apt-rpm/branches/ and released
> versions (tags) are in http://svn.laiskiainen.org/apt-rpm/tags/

> > [1] branches in SVN suck. CVS handles them much better.
>
> I beg to differ. It's just very different from CVS and takes some time to
> get used to.
Well, a very long leaning curve.

With cvs, you'd never seen the question above, "cvs log" would have told
me.
With svn cutting a diff between trunk and release is much easier, with
cvs cutting diffs in general is much easier, ... well, to me, from a
user perspective, svn is nothing but one big inconvenience.

Ralf