Allow-Duplicated changes

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon Jun 5 09:12:57 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 19:09 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to improve my regular expression that states what packages can be
> installed in parallel. Sadly what eg. atrpms is using looks strange, but
> is also prone to problems in the future.
>
> 	Allow-Duplicated {
> 		"^kernel(-suspend2)?(-smp|-bigmem|-hugemem|-largesmp|-xen0|-xenU|-kdump)?(-unsupported|-devel)?$";
> 		"kernel-(source|sourcecode)";
> 		"^gpg-pubkey$"
> 	};
>
> I was using this:
>
> 	Allow-Duplicated {
> 		"^kernel$";
> 		"^kernel-";
> 		"^gpg-pubkey$";
> 	};
>
> But this is problematic for kernel-utils. Now, since I have problems with
> the syntax, I'm not sure if I can exclude something from matching. Or
> whether it would be better to have eg. Persist-Unique or something better
> (I can't really think of anything right now).
>
> What I want is to allow everything called kernel-*, except kernel-utils.

Dunno if it's possible to do that without adding something like
Exclude-Duplicated setting, but that just turns the potential future
problems the other way around: what if a new package called
kernel-config-gui or whatever gets added? It'd be treated as
allow-duplicated which would be totally wrong and cause package
conflicts. So it doesn't really solve anything in my opinion.

Oh and by the way, you don't need gpg-pubkey there anymore since
lorg3.1, it's automatically taken care of as it's a hardwired name in
rpm itself, unlike kernel packages which are highly distro-specific.