is there a way to install deps based on a spec, rather than a src.rpm?

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Fri Jun 9 10:22:08 PDT 2006

Working on my build environment, I'm wondering if there is something
similar to "build-dep" that works on spec files?  Ie. something that
will install any required binary packages to satisfy the buildrequires
on a spec file?

Can apt do anything like that?  I'm not sure how possible it would be..
normally I've been building a src.rpm from a spec (with --nodeps) and
then using urpmi to install the buildreq's from that src.rpm but I'm
wondering if there is a way I can eliminate that step by querying the
spec file directly.

Is this possible?

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;