searching for a particular file

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Thu Jun 1 14:37:53 PDT 2006

* Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> [2006-05-29 23:25:28 +0300]:

> > > There's no direct equivalent at the moment I'm afraid.
> > >
> > > You can use eg 'apt-get install /usr/share/locale/en_US' to find out
> > > what package something belongs to but it's cumbersome and doesn't really
> > > work with repomd (it only looks at a subset of files with repomd, with
> > > other types it's fully supported)
> > >
> > > Fixing these things is in the ever growing todo-list :)
> >
> > =)  Fair enough.  I've managed to work around it, to some degree, on the
> > assumption that xx_YY will always belong to package locales-xx.  Not
> > quite what I would want, but good enough for now.
>
> FYI, just committed initial implementation of searching files into svn.
> The output format might change still, currently it's simply just
> <filename> <package-version>
> for matched entries.

That's fine... however it reports the output is great provided the
package name itself is delimited somehow so I can easily extract it with
cut.  =)

> > I'm also not using repmod here, but using the apt tools to generate a
> > pure apt repository.
>
> Ok, with pure apt repositories the above will even work fully, repomd
> needs some special love wrt full filelist access, the filelists.xml
> format is *hideous* for searching anything. Oh and btw, you'll want to
> use --bloat option with genbasedir, otherwise the filenames wont be
> stored in the metadata.

/me thinks again about updated manpages

Good stuff... I will add --bloat to my scripts now.  =)

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/