apt vs apt-rpm

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Dec 7 11:18:37 PST 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yesterday I attended a presentation of Michael Vogt on apt, who is the
> new maintainer of apt in Debian/Ubuntu. It looks like he would be open
> to getting apt and apt-rpm together again.

Oh, that's excellent news. I know Michael from what little I've worked on
Synaptic and he's always been very nice to deal with, and has in the past
shown lots of interest in things apt-rpm does. I'll to talk to him about
this, thanks for the info :)

> Among other he is also thinking about repomd support.

Heh. Me thinks hell is going to freeze over before Debian switches to
repomd, I've seen enough comments like "we should we ditch the lightning
fast, working format we have now for a bloated, slow-to-parse XML"...