[Apt-Rpm] apt-rpm and rpm 4.8

Giulio Eulisse Giulio.Eulisse at cern.ch
Wed May 19 03:28:27 PDT 2010

> IIRC the 0.5.15lorg3.94a wont build and much less work, but git HEAD should
> be buildable even with rpm 4.8, provided you pass CPPFLAGS=-D_RPM_4_4_COMPAT
> to configure.

Ciao again and thanks for your reply (which got swallowed as well).
I'm trying what you suggest out.

> That said, apt-rpm needs a new maintainer / maintainers. I simply don't have
> the time/energy/itch anymore, as is painfully obvious from the complete lack
> of activity around apt-rpm in last couple of years.

I took the liberty to clone the master branch of your repository on
github (github.org) in the "upstream" branch of:

http://github.com/ktf/apt-rpm

and I added a couple of workarounds we need in my master branch.

Any objections to it? I of course can delete the whole thing and
propose patches, if you prefer.

--
Ciao,
Giulio