[Apt-Rpm] smart apt & mirrormanager

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun May 18 00:21:19 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 06:34:36PM -0300, Itamar - IspBrasil wrote:
> in smart the config is fixed
>
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/x86_64/debug/
>
> is possible to change to something like this
>
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-debug-f$releasever&arch=$basearch
>
> why to do this ?
>
> because I have a local private fedora repo for my internal machines and
> some people preffer smart or apt and I like smart e apt-get downloading
> packages from my local repo,  this will save some bandwidth

This is a question better raised upstream, so I Cc'd both projects.

The mirrorlist extension to repomd is currently yum only. smart has
a mirror management part, but can't read in a propsed set of mirrors
from yum's mirrorlist, and apt has some mirror support, too via some
lua scripts.

Both projects could possibly get some lua or python plugin magic and
offer reading the list of mirrors from yum's mirrorlist format. The
best way to explore this though is through the upstream development
lists.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net