[Apt-Rpm] genbasedir problem

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Mar 12 09:32:03 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I am having a problem with genbasedir (apt-0.5.15lorg3.2) in the sense
that a directory with a few repository (including an SRPM.repo) does use
the provided cachedir with genpkglst but not with gensrclist. The
resulting cache directory is also empty for the gensrclist:

 	[dag at host apt]$ du -xh el5/i386/
 	4.0K    el5/i386/dag/gensrclist
 	540K    el5/i386/dag/genpkglist
 	548K    el5/i386/dag
 	4.0K    el5/i386/dries/gensrclist
 	236K    el5/i386/dries/genpkglist
 	244K    el5/i386/dries
 	796K    el5/i386/

 	[dag at host apt]$ ls -la el5/i386/dag/gensrclist
 	total 8
 	drwxr-xr-x  2 dag rpmforge 4096 Mar  9 12:03 .
 	drwxr-xr-x  4 dag rpmforge 4096 Mar  9 12:03 ..

During the metadata creation we see the I/O of it reading every SRPM from
those directories everytime again. A known bug or an end-user problem ?

Also looking at genbasedir, I was wondering what the --updateinfo option
was for (and how it should be used). And I remember the --meta option, but
I forgot what it was useful for ? Was it to virtually merge the listed
repos ?

Thanks in advance,