[Apt-Rpm] disabling progress output

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu-wien.ac.at
Tue Jun 10 08:50:38 PDT 2008

On 06/10/2008 05:03 PM, Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth wrote:
> I'd like to disable the progress output during installing or upgrading
> rpms in order to be able to log the output to a file.
>
> In earlier versions, this was possible using
>   -o RPM::Interactive=false -o quiet=1
>
> But unfortunately, in recent versions those two options don't work
> anymore: RPM::Interactive=false produces progress information like that:
>
> %% 0.000000
> %% 1.683160
> %% 2.925474
> %% 4.167788
>
> That's because RPM::Interactive=false sets the rpm option --percent (in
> pkgRPMExtPM::ExecRPM).

OK, sorry, that was nonsense...

The real reason is:

Depending on RPM::Interactive, two different "Progress" classes are used:

-------------------- 8< --------------------
    if (_config->FindB("RPM::Interactive",true)) {
       Prog = new InstHashProgress(*_config);
    } else {
       Prog = new InstPercentProgress(*_config);
    }

Unfortunately there is no progress output that is suitable for a
redirecting output to a log-file.

Are there any plans to (re-)implement such a feature?
Cheers,
--leo
--
e-mail   ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu-wien.ac.at
fax      ::: +43-1-31336-906050