[Apt-Rpm] disabling progress output

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu-wien.ac.at
Tue Jun 10 08:03:20 PDT 2008

Hi!

I'd like to disable the progress output during installing or upgrading
rpms in order to be able to log the output to a file.

In earlier versions, this was possible using
   -o RPM::Interactive=false -o quiet=1

But unfortunately, in recent versions those two options don't work
anymore: RPM::Interactive=false produces progress information like that:

%% 0.000000
%% 1.683160
%% 2.925474
%% 4.167788

That's because RPM::Interactive=false sets the rpm option --percent (in
pkgRPMExtPM::ExecRPM).

Is there a way to get rid of that?
Looking at the code, I didn't find a solution, since not setting
RPM::Interactive to false will result in setting the -h (hash)
RPM-option, which is also not what I want.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
--leo

P.S.: Any news on my previous issue?
http://lists.laiskiainen.org/pipermail/apt-rpm-laiskiainen.org/2008-April/000851.html

--
e-mail   ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu-wien.ac.at
fax      ::: +43-1-31336-906050