[Apt-Rpm] What is the best choice for RPM Update Tool

Quan phongvan phongvan84 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:13:33 PST 2008

Dear Panu,
As jean-seb recommmede me to ask you a favour. If you don't mind, can you
help me about these aspects that I have to consider more about apt as a
update-tool.
1. About protocols are supported by apt-rpm, I care so much about http and
ftp because they both issue security threats: http using plan text to pass
through their passwords for communication and so easily for hacker to do
session hijack, in addition ftp passive mode also can be considered as a
security threat too. Can you give me more advices for that issue?
2. I have tried puppet as a update tool for my system beside apt (puppet is
a configuration management tool). If you tried puppet, do you think can I
use both apt and puppet as an update solution for a huge rpm embedded Linux
network system (apt as a front-end update tool on client, and
puppet-puppetmaster as administration host)?
Hope to see your reply soon,
Best regards,
Nguyen Anh Quan.

--