[Apt-Rpm] Apt-rpm on embedded Linux, is it impossible?

Quan phongvan phongvan84 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 08:52:10 PST 2008

Dear Jean-seb,
It's so nice for me to hear that from you. If you don't mind, can you give
me more advices for my issues:
1. For your mentioned RHEL clone that you used on your embedded system, Does
it have yum as RPM packages management systems. If yes, can apt-rpm beats
yum as a update tool?
2. As you mentioned "apt is faster than light , and it don't need python; so
the memory it use is not a big issue.", I think apt-rpm has a big dependency
list (especially when I compiled apt-rpm from source code, it required a lot
of packages such as: beecrypt, zlib,...). About python, does it really
become the most biggest obstacle for yum or even smartpm (an update tool for
RPM packages similar to yum and apt-rpm).
3. In addition, can you give more details why did you mention about HP
Server ProLiant in: "it is faster that the same version in Proliant Servers
! (maybe because /var is in ram?)".
Hope to receive your advice soon,
Best regards,
Nguyen Anh Quan.