[Apt-Rpm] Problem with kmp-packages on the openSUSE buildservice

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Mon Jan 7 02:44:11 PST 2008

Hello,

I use both openSUSE 10.2 and 10.3 on my machine. For a long long time I
have been using apt, even if it is slow as hell with large repomd-repos.
But luckily aptate and local mirroring solves this. But now I
encountered a problem, which seems to be a bug in apt.

I tried to install truecrypt out of the security:/privacy repository on
the opensuse buildservice
(<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/privacy/>).

But as truecrypt requires a kernel module, it needs a kmp-package. When
using zypper, the kmp-default package gets installed, which fits with
kernel-default being installed.

But when using apt, it wants to install a lot of stuff:
>   kernel-bigsmp truecrypt-kmp-bigsmp
>   kernel-bigsmp truecrypt truecrypt-kmp-bigsmp truecrypt-kmp-default

Keep in mind that when using zypper it just installs truecrypt and
truecrypt-kmp-default, so I would guess the dependencies are correct.

Could someone have a look into this? Or could someone with openSUSE 10.x
just add the repo and try to install truecrypt?

Thanks,
OJ
--
Ok, I'm just uploading the new version of the kernel, v1.3.33, also
known as "the buggiest kernel ever".