[Apt-Rpm] apt 0.5.15lorg3.94a + rpm 4.4.9 problems

Silvan Calarco silvan.calarco at mambasoft.it
Tue Feb 12 07:48:25 PST 2008

Hi all,
I'm currently running rpm 4.4.9 and apt 0.5.15lorg3.2. Some times ago I've
managed to make them work together but apt-get is very slow when reading the
packages list on install/upgrade.
For this and other reasons I'm trying to upgrade the system to apt
0.5.15lorg3.94a but I have a big problem: though with apt-get update I get
the packages list written into /var/lib/apt/lists, the pkg cache is not
updated with remote packages so I cannot install any remote package.
I cannot find any error message anywhere. Do you have any suggestion?

Furthermore I get errors of this sort:

  dbus: Depends: service but it is not installable
  initscripts: Depends: chgrp but it is not installable
  libqt-devel: Depends: rm but it is not installable

I suppose these errors refer to the new executable(...) format of rpm
dependencies (introduced beetwen 4.4.6 and 4.4.9) that is not yet supported
in apt-rpm, would it be difficult to add support or (temporary) ignore them?

Thank you.

Regards
Silvan

--