[Apt-Rpm] 0.5.15lorg3.93 Solaris build issue

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Fri Sep 28 06:22:27 PDT 2007

> I wouldn't mind at all supporting "boring" interim releases but rpm5.org
>
>> = 4.4.7 to me are not what their version suggests:
>>
> RPMSENSE_ANY (which has been part of the public API since beginning
> of times) getting removed from the public API suggests that there have
> been some significant underlying changes, that it compiles doesn't mean it
> actually works.
>
> I'm thinking of adding an explicit configure check that will abort the
> build with rpm > 4.4.6 to make it clear that this version of apt is not
> expected to work with the newer rpms and revisit the issue once the next
> stable apt version has been released (which is technically just around the
> corner, in wallclock time I don't know as it's mostly a matter of kicking
> myself to finalize the couple of minor outstanding issues :)
>
>  	- Panu -

Just curious, so far has anyone successfully been using apt with rpm >
4.4.6? We're not far enough along to test it yet (due to some vpkg
issues and an old repo I believe). More importantly, has anyone kicked
this over to rpn5.org and actually asked JBJ about the internal changes?

-Dave

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu