[Apt-Rpm] 0.5.15lorg3.93 Solaris build issue

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Sep 19 12:19:51 PDT 2007

David Halik wrote:

> I've gotten a little farther, but I think ultimately suncc doesn't like
> the c++ code. Using the patch found here:
>
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/sysutils/apt-
> rpm/files/patch-rpmsense.diff
>
> ... I was able to rid of the RPMSENSE errors, but now its telling me:
>
> "/usr/local/include/rpm/rpmevr.h", line 21: Error: evrFlags_e is not
> defined.
>
> ...which was added by the patch.

Actually those weren't added by the patch, it's a little flaw
in RPM 4.4.9 that makes the headers work as C but not as C++.

GCC says:
rpmevr.h:21: error: use of enum 'evrFlags_e' without previous
declaration
rpmevr.h:21: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token
rpmevr.h:22: error: use of enum 'evrFlags_e' without previous
declaration
rpmevr.h:22: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token

In MacPorts, it was fixed with another patch to the RPM install:
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/sysutils/rpm/
files/patch-rpmevr.h

That's from upstream, BTW. So the fix is scheduled for RPM 4.5:
http://rpm5.org/cvs/filediff?f=rpm/lib/rpmevr.h&v1=1.2&v2=1.2.2.1

--anders