[Apt-Rpm] Aptness -- a simplified interface for libapt-pkg

João Abecasis jpra at caixamagica.pt
Mon Sep 17 19:07:32 PDT 2007

Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:
> Is this built to work with Apt-RPM's variant of libapt-pkg or Debian's? There
> are large incompatible differences between the two.

Currently it only works with Apt-RPM. Supporting both is part of the plan.

Part of the path we're going is to completely hide libapt-pkg behind
our interface. Given that, we could either support Debian's Apt with
recourse to #ifdef's, as long as the differences are reconcilable.
Otherwise, it could be a completely different backend.

I'll have to look further into it, though.

João Abecasis