[Apt-Rpm] list of various fixed solaris bugs and compile issues

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 19 19:32:21 PDT 2007

I finally gave in and ended up building with gcc on our Solaris 9 boxes.
We normally don't like to do this, but considering how much of the coded
is gcc specific it would take someone (other than I) with a lot of c++
knowledge to write around it. I've attached the first list of fixes that
I ran into while building with SunCC. It also contains the apt-rpm part
of Anders fix (thanks again). Hopefully some of this will benefit
someone down the road.

The second part of this I'm only going to mention whats wrong because of
*cough*cough* licensing of where I got the code from. ;) Once I started
building with gcc I ran into two more issues. In methods/gpg.cc, the
function "mkdtemp" is used. This does not exist in Solaris 9's libc (I
think it shows up in 10 or opensolaris), so I found some existing code
defining it and morphed it in. The second issue was with
tools/genpkglist.cc and tools/gensrclist.cc. In both files the functions
"scandir" and "alphasort" are used, and once again they don't exist in
Solairs 9 libc. So I went the same route and was able to find a
definition for them. After that I finally had a compiled apt-rpm on
Solaris 9! ;)

Thanks for the help guys. On a rainy day maybe I'll try and tackle this
again on SunCC, but for now GCC will have to do.
-Dave

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu