New development release

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Wed Jun 20 14:19:26 PDT 2007

Op Tuesday 19 June 2007 21:01:29 schreef Panu Matilainen:
> > Do you mean that the server provides the repomd in an sqlite db?  Or is
> > the same repomd file used and is that loaded into a sqlite db on the
> > client?
>
> The sqlite db and xml files sit in the same repodata directory, clients
> that support the sqlite stuff can pick that (and use directly without any
> extra conversions) if they want. See for example
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/i3
>86/os/repodata/

How come that the sqlite files are bigger than the compressed xml files?
and this email from the suse email list:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2007-02/msg00064.html
Because the sqlite files are so much bigger opensuse does not plan to use
them.  Wether that is right or wrong, I don't know.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless