New development release

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Sun Jun 17 11:55:40 PDT 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, Lorenzo Villani wrote:

> On Saturday 16 June 2007 23:48:06 Panu Matilainen wrote:
>> [cut]
>
> Can you create a patch to get apt-rpm working with rpm 4.5? :-)

By the looks of things getting apt to work on rpm5.org >= 4.4.7'ish is
going to require a major surgery to how apt interacts with rpmlib. I do
intend to have a closer look at it once 4.5 is actually released but at
the moment it's way too much of a moving target for me to bother with.

To the question: Can, yes. Will, probably at some point. But not going to
happen anytime soon.