APT-RPM in MacPorts

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Tue Jul 10 13:49:38 PDT 2007

Panu Matilainen wrote:

> Ok, the ok parts are now applied, thanks for the patches. What I didn't
> apply and why:
>
> patch-rpminclude.diff:
> - $includedir is where the include files are supposed to be
> *installed*,
>    not the place to look for system includes. Normally they're the
> same,
>    but this breaks "make distcheck"

Will try the "make distcheck" then, but I do want both RPM and APT-RPM
under the ${prefix} which is normally /opt/local in regular MacPorts.

> patch-genbasedir.diff:
> - needs to be done in a more general way, md5 executable doesn't exist
> on
>    typical linux system

Right, then again "md5sum" doesn't exist on a typical BSD
(FreeBSD/Darwin)
system. Maybe try both of them, and fall back on "openssl md5" perhaps
:-)

Naturally, they each just have to make their output a little different:
6e0e2247598f223a36328d245470cfe3  test
MD5 (test) = 6e0e2247598f223a36328d245470cfe3
MD5(test)= 6e0e2247598f223a36328d245470cfe3

> patch-rpmsense.diff:
> - these kind of hacks with _RPM*_INTERNAL get apt to build with later
>    rpm5.org releases, but I don't believe for half a second it'll
> actually
>    fully work with eg rpm-4.4.9 without a major rework of how apt
> interacts
>    with rpmlib

Indeed it needs a rework, just wanted to get it limping along and
compiling...

Think patch originally was made under the assumption that the code
using the
internal values would #define something like _RPMEVR_INTERNAL to use
them ?

--anders