APT-RPM in MacPorts

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Jul 10 04:32:28 PDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added an "apt-rpm" port to MacPorts, for usage with
> rpm-4.4.9 (eventually 4.5) on the Mac OS X and FreeBSD
> platforms... Some of these patches should be "upstream",
> but might need to be adopted to work with both GNU/BSD ?
>
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/sysutils/apt-
> rpm/  _or_
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/
> sysutils/apt-rpm/

Based on a quick look, bunch of them are upstreamable as-is, others
require some more tweaking. I'll have a closer look + apply what's
suitable as soon as I find the time.

> It hasn't yet been extensively tested, since we don't
> have all the packages and RPM infrastructure updated.
> MacPorts uses an /opt/local/bin/rpm installation, and
> makes the RPM packages using the "port rpm" command...

Ok - apt-rpm as it is today probably is going to need some major surgery
to really work with rpm-4.4.9, let me know how it goes.