New development release (0.5.15lorg3.92)

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Sun Jul 8 13:25:57 PDT 2007

I think we're slowly closing in on a new stable release, as most of the
things are just fixes to the known regressions in previous version:

* don't re-download unchanged indexes
* don't require sqlite for repomd support
* fix long-standing crash on ctrl-c
* saner library soname
* resurrect repomd group (aka comps.xml) download
* fix assert failure on missing repomd release files

The only really notable new thing there is that I believe I finally nailed
the ugly little bugger of apt-rpm often segfaulting with a mile-long
traceback when you hit ctrl-c. The thing was "only" like four years old...
Whether it is/was an apt-rpm or rpmlib bug, that's still for the jury to
decide, there are some strange things going on and the "fix" is actually
more of an workaround.

The source is here: http://apt-rpm.org/testing/apt-0.5.15lorg3.92.tar.bz2
and sha1sum is ddf96b339e35af6b89454669c07749c69df83927