[Apt-Rpm] How do I hold back individual packages from being upgraded

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Dec 13 14:58:05 PST 2007

I have a problem with the fltk package. The Fedora 7 version will not work
with Zynaddsubfx, so I've replaced the Fedora 7 version of fltk with that
from FC5.

Now when I run apt-get update, followed by apt-get dist-upgrade, apt-get wants
to upgrade fltk to the Fedora 7 version again, which I don't want.

I've looked through the man pages for apt-get, but all I can find is the
option --ignore-hold, but can't find any info on how to place a hold on a
specific package.

Any magical incantions I can use to hold back the upgrading of fltk?

Distro: Fedora 7
Apt version: apt-0.5.15lorg3.2-12.fc7

Gratefull as always for any help.

Nigel.