[Apt-Rpm] rpm 4.4.9 woes for apt-rpm

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Tue Aug 28 00:53:28 PDT 2007

Tobias Gerschner wrote:

> Thanks for the patch, attached are 2 further patches to get apt-get
> compiled with rpm 4.4.9 .  Testing of apt-get yet to be done.

The need for patching is *much* reduced in the new 0.5.15lorg3.93,
aside from the portability patches we only need one for RPM 4.4.9:

http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/sysutils/apt-
rpm/files/patch-rpmsense.diff
(adds missing RPMSENSE_ANY and RPMSENSE_MISSINGOK internals back)

Haven't heard the last word if these are going to get re-included
in RPM 4.5, or if they are considered internal (_RPMEVR_INTERNAL).

But the above define/workaround is OK for branch rpm-4_5 snapshots...

--anders