dependency lookup failures

Paulo Trezentos Paulo.Trezentos at caixamagica.pt
Sun Apr 29 17:06:59 PDT 2007

Hi Vincent,

1.- What is the result you get if you try:
     apt-get install nfsidmap-devel>=0.16

It doesn't work, right?

2.- Do "libnfsidmap0-devel" has a "Provides:" clause with
"nfsidmap-devel"? If so, is "Provides: nfsidmap-devel" or
"nfsidmap-devel = 0.16"

I'm not see any problem in imposing a version ( nfsidmap-devel>=0.16) to
a virtual package (or a "provides") although sometimes doesn't make
sense ("requires: mta" example where it might be sendmail or qmail).

But if it imposed, IMHO we should have in the provides which version is
provided.

Cheers.