Getting rid of all debian-related non-working stuff (was: Comments in /etc/apt/preferences)

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Mon Apr 23 11:13:35 PDT 2007

On 04/23/2007 10:14 AM Panu Matilainen wrote:

> IIRC no, and not really worth fixing, the preferences file as it is today
> (and has been forever) needs to die, really, in favor of something saner
> and more flexible, ditto for sources.list and various other things.

Then let me ask another question:

Are there plans to get rid of all stuff that is debian-related and not
working?

Man-pages which tell debian-stuff, e.g. apt_preferences?

I would like to have man pages that are smaller, but only include
stuff which is actually relevant for apt4suse, nor for Debians apt.

OJ
--
Well I guess we have all become de-facto smoke testers anyway.
(Adrian in mozilla.support.seamonkey)