Debian guy trying to figure out apt-rpm

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Apr 9 09:55:25 PDT 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007 17:49, Derek Reid wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> I actually built it from source but I just got the FC6 rpm version
> installed.  I'm still getting the "E: no data in /etc/apt/rpmpriorities"
> error when doing an 'apt-get update' though.
>
> What do you have in your /etc/apt/rpmrepositories?  Also, what's your
> yum config file look like?  I've populated it with the three main repos
> you pointed out that live in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ but still can't
> get rid of the rpmrepositories error.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Derek

Ok. This is what's in /etc/apt/rpmpriorities

Essential:
  grub
  termcap
  ed
  kbd
  iproute
  libtermcap
  libgcc
  setserial
  file
  rpm
  sysklogd
  losetup
  kudzu
  glibc
  shadow-utils
  coreutils
  bash
  iputils
  vim-minimal
  passwd
  cpio
  raidtools
  SysVinit
  authconfig
  hdparm
  hotplug
  readline
  util-linux
  basesystem
  setup
  e2fsprogs
  procps
  initscripts
  filesystem
  fedora-release
  udev

Yum config doesn't come into the equation. You don't have to move the repo's
in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. They work with apt-get from where they are.

Did you do a make uninstall for your home rolled apt, before doing a yum
install apt.

Did a yum install apt pull in the additional package that I mentioned in my

You can check this with, as user, running,
rpm -q -a --last
Somewhere near the top of the list you should see the apt package, and the
fedora-package-config-apt-6-5 one.

It's possible also that when you did a make uninstall for the home rolled apt
that some files were left on the machine. They should have all been removed,
but sometimes stuff is left behind.

Sorry for the delay, and your problems.

Nigel.