generate Contents.gz single file

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 18:57:18 PDT 2007

I have seen in suse repos a filename Contents.gz file that can list all rpms
instead having different *.gz files.

For example like exists in:
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.1-i386/

the file Contents-i386.gz  that have all the rpm info of all rpm subdirs, and
still exists the dir /base that have all the  pkglist.*.bz2 files

So far i have used:
genbasedir  --progress /www/hosts/mydistro

but this generates 3 files inside /base dir
pkglist.Contents.bz2
release.Contents
srclist.Contents.bz2

So i ask if anyone can tell me a way to be able to generate a file Contents.gz
in top dir of apt-rpm sctruture instead create the per folder pkglist.*.bz2
files inside /base dir

kind regards,
--
Zé