[OT] who maintains aptitude for rpm? (fwd)

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Oct 31 00:33:16 PST 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Wilfried Weissmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is the aptitude patch for 0.3.5.1. The work is based on the patch from
> mandriva. I did some upgrades, installs and package removals this week on a
> fedora 5 computer and I did not have any serious problems.
> When I do a update of the repository I get warnings about that there are no
> checksum files. However the update is working fine.

Thanks, the patch can now be found on http://apt-rpm.org/patches/

In the meanwhile, while looking at something different (although I can't
remember what exactly :) I stumbled across couple of patches in ALTLinux
apt package concerning aptitude 0.4.1 available for apt-rpm:
ftp://ftp.altlinux.ru/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/Sisyphus/i586/SRPMS.classic/apt-0.5.15lorg2-alt6.src.rpm
ftp://ftp.altlinux.ru/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/Sisyphus/i586/SRPMS.classic/aptitude-0.4.1-alt1.1.src.rpm

The relevant patches wrt aptitude would appear to be
apt-0.5.15lorg2-alt-pkgCache-PrvIterator.patch and
apt-0.5.15lorg2-alt-realloc.patch

There's plenty of other interesting stuff in the altlinux package as well,
I've been intending to go through them and apply what's useful upstream
but haven't really found the time to shift through them in enough detail
yet (some are obviously useful, others are less obvious). If ALTLinux
people happen to be reading: when patching apt, *please* send the
fixes/enhancements to me too :)