[OT] who maintains aptitude for rpm? (fwd)

Wilfried Weissmann Wilfried.Weissmann at gmx.at
Tue Oct 3 14:29:25 PDT 2006

Panu Matilainen wrote:
> What distribution (and version) are you using, and do you by any chance
> have SELinux enabled? Scriptlets failing in aptitude but working in apt
> *could* be explainable with SElinux context/type differences. The fact

I am using Fedora 5. And yes, SELinux is enabled. I will check the
domain in which aptitude is running tomorrow. I do not have access to
this system right now.

> that aptitude crashes because of that is obviously a bug of some sorts -
> one possibility might be that it blindly assumes a package marked for
> removal actually getting removed no matter what (if scriptlets fail
> rpm's dont get removed!) and gets its bookkeeping wrong because of that
> (or something like that). But that's just wild wild speculation, haven't
> actually looked at aptitude code...

I did not have time to look into this since I posted the mail. Maybe I
can dig somewhat more around when I am not so busy.

>     - Panu -

Greetings,
Wilfried