Delaying Post-scriptlets, ala Debian Apt.

Gary Greene greeneg at phoenuxos.com
Fri Oct 20 08:10:49 PDT 2006

We're looking at using apt during our installation of PhoeNUX OS instead of
using RPM, and we were wondering why apt-rpm doesn't delay the post
scriptlets like Debian apt-get until after the installation transaction has
completed. This would allow us to stop using rpm with a run twice to make all
post scriptlets happy. Is there some limitation to apt-get in this manner,
since I thought it used to be able to do this... We can use rpm's --nopost
flag to stop them from running and then parse out the scriptlets from the db
if need be to run them post file installation.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: uriel.tolharadys.net