segfault when doing apt-get install

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon May 29 23:25:50 PDT 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Hi Panu,
>
> I just noticed a segfault when doing apt-get install /usr/bin/Xvfb
> it seems to happen very some of my build environments and it happens
> consistently.
>
> Not sure why though, too late to think clear...

I spotted a bug couple of days ago where apt-rpm can crash with install
/some/path when using non-repomd repositories if it encounters a package
with no files in it. It's a bit curious because the code has been
virtually unchanged since forever. This cures that particular problem:
svn diff -r180:181 http://svn.laiskiainen.org/apt-rpm/trunk/

If that doesn't help I'm going to need a backtrace of the crash.