New repository configuration ponderings

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Sun May 28 11:53:54 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 17:33 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> I've been thinking about improving the repository configuration and
> related things for a while now. Just yesterday I realized we could
> easily use the existing main configuration system for this, instead of
> inventing yet-another-file-format and parser for it.
>
> The repository configuration would look somewhat like this:
>
> ---
> Repositories {
>     fedora-core {
>         type "repomd";
>         baseuri "http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/";
>         dist "fedora/linux/core/$(VERSION)/$(ARCH)/os/";
> 	label "Fedora Core $(VERSION) - $(ARCH)";
>         enabled "true";
>         gpg-key "file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora";
>         gpg-check "true";
>     };

Attached is a working bare minimum implementation of this format
(configuration goes into apt.conf or apt.conf.d in this version). It's
not a lot of code but already enables the very thing I need to use yum
for these days: --enablerepo/disablerepo=<somerepo> in the form -o
repositories::<reponame>::enabled=true|false

	- Panu -