New repository configuration ponderings

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun May 28 09:20:22 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 17:33 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> I've been thinking about improving the repository configuration and
> related things for a while now. Just yesterday I realized we could
> easily use the existing main configuration system for this, instead of
> inventing yet-another-file-format and parser for it.

Well, nice proposal, but ...

... wouldn't an xml config file format be more suitable?

In addition to that, ... I have a yum config parser (bison/flex based),
semi-finished for quite a while ...
... My once started, but never finished (secret) plan had been to write
a yum->apt config converter or to add yum-config support to apt-rpm.
However yum's config format even sucks more than apt's, so I never
finished this add-hock implementation ...

Ralf