man pages

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Sat May 27 10:07:58 PDT 2006

* Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> [2006-05-27 11:29:21 +0300]:

> > The manpages are currently extremely debian-centric and a lot of the
> > options that would be pertinent to apt-rpm are missing, the like the "-o
> > rpm::rootdir=" option.
> >
> > Are there any plans to clean these manpages up?  It seems to me, based
> > on some conversation that I've watched, that apt-rpm is sufficiently
> > diverged from debian's apt to warrant a manpage overhaul.
> >
> > Thoughts?  Note, I'm not asking the developers to do it... =)  I'd be
> > more than willing to put some time into the effort as well (it's
> > important to me to have accurate manpages, especially if I look at
> > replacing urpmi with apt).
>
> I know, the manuals totally suck at the moment. Improved documentation
> is on the todo-list and patches/wholly rewritten man pages would be
> very, very welcome.

=)

Well, as soon as I finish converting my installer from using urpmi to
using apt, I'll give this a gander.

Note that I'm going to change it so that the manpages don't have to be
"compiled" because I think that sucks.

--
Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"