apt-0.5.15lorg3.1-rc1

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon May 15 09:25:48 PDT 2006

Didn't have a chance to test all the things I would've liked over the
weekend so instead of a new release, here's a release candidate for
lorg3.1. See http://apt-rpm.org/roadmap.shtml for what's supposed to be
done in this one:
http://apt-rpm.org/testing/apt-0.5.15lorg3.1-rc1.tar.bz2

I'm mostly concerned about the handling of zero epochs, repomd with its
false zero epochs forces some fairly ugly things to be done. This
version is supposed to sort that stuff out, but I'd like to hear some
reports from actual testing with different rpm versions. Note that for
rpm < 4.2.1 to work with repomd, createrepo must be patched not to
create those false zero epochs (patch sent to repodata list and here
earlier), there's no way around it :(